The La Rabida 26.2 Challenge
At La Rabida Children’s Hospital, we’re ready to celebrate marathon season in Chicago and raise funds for Chicago’s most vulnerable kids—and we want you to join us! Not everyone can run a marathon (26.2 miles), but everyone can help cover the cost of complex care for La Rabida patients.
Here is your challenge:
Choose any activity to complete some iteration of 26.2. You might decide to bike for 26.2 miles, dance for 26.2 minutes, volunteer 26 times, swim 26.2 laps, give up your latte for 26 days, or shoot 26 baskets in a row. The more creative, the better! Then ask your friends and family to sponsor you.
For some of the patients at La Rabida who are able to walk, taking 26.2 steps requires as much time and training as someone running a marathon. The 26.2 Challenge is one way we can all fortify their journeys, because your support of La Rabida ensures that every child who needs it will receive quality care, regardless of their family’s ability to pay.
Here’s how to get started:
- Choose your challenge! What will you do?
- Create your personal Fundraising page. Click Here. Contact Stephanie Truax at email@example.com or 773-256-5718 for help.
- Ask your family and friends to support you! To gather support from sponsors, share your supporter page on social media and email the link to friends, family, and co-workers. Sponsors can contribute through your supporter page or write a check to La Rabida Children’s Hospital. All donations are tax-deductible.
- Share your story! We’ll feature photos and video of the most creative challenges, so upload video or photos of your 26.2 to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with the hashtag #LaRabida262.
- Post often to keep your supporters up-to-date and your fellow challenge-takers motivated!
Thank you for supporting the children of La Rabida. We look forward to seeing how YOU do your 26.2!
To learn more about La Rabida, visit us at: